The Cottage living space (beds/bath/living room/kitchen) is all on one floor.
The living room with fireplace & river views is furnished in 18th-century style.
The perfect spot for relaxing after a day of sightseeing!
Watch your favorite shows on the Samsung SmartTV with Netflix and DVD player.
Open a bottle of wine, light the candles, and serve dinner by the fireplace.
The stairway in the front hall leads to a room where you can store your luggage.
You walk from the hallway through the bathroom to get to the Cottage bedroom.
The Cottage bathroom has a combination tub/shower.
The queen-size bed is made up with 600-thread-count sheets and a white coverlet.
There's a second flat-screen TV in the bedroom, with Netflix and a DVD player.
A twin-size bed in the "Tavern Room" provides extra sleeping space.
Bring your laptop and set it up here.
Make simple meals in the Cottage's bright and cheery kitchen.
The kitchen has a fridge/freezer, 4-burner stove, microwave, & dishwasher.
We'll happily share our favorite source for the best fresh-baked croissants!
The Cottage in summer from across the back lawn.
Watch the birds or just enjoy a quiet moment from the English Garden Bench.
For a special night out, try the romantic courtyard at Zoubi in New Hope.
The Inn at Phillips Mill is another of our favorite restaurants.
For antique shops like this one, head up the river to Lambertville.
A view of the river from the gardens of The Yardley Inn just up the road.
The nearby Delaware Canal Towpath, captured by local photographer Ruth Taylor.
The Cottage in winter under a blanket of snow...
Another view of the Cottage on a sparkling winter day.
Romantic Getaway Cottage
Fireplace and River Views
Antiquing and Fine Dining Nearby
Your very own, completely private, Colonial Williamsburg-style cottage, near the Bucks County town of Yardley, Pennsylvania, right on the Delaware River. The Cottage is just 13 miles south of New Hope and Lambertville, 18 miles from Princeton, and 5-10 minutes from trains to Philadelphia and New York City. (Click here for a map.)
Furnished with 18th-century reproduction furniture and Oriental rugs, the Cottage is perfect for week-long vacations, weekend getaways, writer's retreats, and house-hunting visits. As many of our guests have said, this is the perfect place to unwind.
The Cottage living space (750 square feet, all on one floor) is ideal for a couple. But it also works for a family with one child, or for three close friends who don't mind sharing a bathroom.
There's a wonderful corner fireplace in the living room with raised paneling and a custom-built mantel. The sunny eat-in kitchen, though not designed for elaborate gourmet cooking, is equipped with everything our guests need to make basic meals and snacks.
The bedroom is furnished with a queen-size bed with crocheted canopy, matelasse spread, and 600 thread-count sheets. The "Tavern Room" off the kitchen provides a twin bed for extra sleeping space. (We don't call this a bedroom because it doesn't have doors or a closet. For a bit of privacy, there are blackout curtains at each of the two doorways, and blackout shades at the windows.) We also have a portable Graco crib and child's booster seat that we can have set up and ready for those traveling with an infant or toddler.
There really is no place like our Bucks County Cottage on the Delaware, and we love sharing it with like-minded souls. Come visit us soon!
Emily & Alfred Glossbrenner
Bucks County Cottage on the Delaware
P.S. The cottage is available year round. No smoking and no pets, please. If you need help planning your visit to Bucks County, spend some time exploring the Bucks County Visitors Bureau website.
Note: You can also find us on VRBO.
1 queen; 1 twin
Linens & Towels Provided, High Speed Internet, Credit Cards Accepted
- Living room with fireplace and river views.
- 3.5-acre park-like setting.
- Bedroom with queen-size canopy bed.
- Extra sleeping space in "Tavern Room" with twin bed.
- Portable Graco Pack 'n Play Crib for guests traveling with infant.
- Elegant tile bathroom with custom-built vanity and tub/shower.
- 600 thread-count sheets and fluffy white towels.
- Two terrycloth bathrobes.
- Sunny eat-in kitchen with table and chairs for four.
- Drop-leaf table and chairs in living room for fireside dining.
- Dishwasher, electric stove, and refrigerator/freezer.
- Coffeemaker, microwave, toaster, and blender.
- HDTV with Blu-Ray DVD/Netflix in living room and bedroom.
- Free High Speed Internet access (Fios Gigabit Connection, up to 940/880 Mbps).
- Telephone for local/toll-free calls.
- Central air-conditioning.
- Outdoor dining for two on the terrace.
- Generous supply of seasoned firewood during fall and winter months.
- Washer and dryer.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Charcoal grill.
- Private driveway with parking space for two cars.
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Antiquing and Art Galleries in New Hope and Lambertville.
- Exceptional dining at dozens of inns and taverns along the Delaware River.
- Walking or biking to town/Starbucks on Delaware Canal Towpath.
- Wine tasting and vineyard tours on the Bucks County Wine Trail.
- Hiking in Tyler State Park and Washington Crossing Wildflower Preserve.
- Strolling 35-acre sculpture park at nearby Grounds for Sculpture.
- Live theater at the famous Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope.
- Shopping at Peddler's Village.
- Steam Locomotive Train Rides from New Hope into the countryside.
- Kayaking, rafting, and tubing from Point Pleasant.
- Revolutionary War Encampments and Reenactments at Washington Crossing State Park.
- Spectacular views of fall foliage along the Delaware River and from Bowman's Tower.
- Day Trips (by car or commuter train) into Philadelphia and New York City.
- Princeton University (with its world-class campus and art museum) is just 25 minutes away.
- World's only Sesame Place Theme Park is a 10-minute drive.
- Whatever your interests or passions... Bucks County delivers!
We stayed at Emily and Alfred's cottage for a week and it was perfect. When we arrived Emily took time to welcome us and show us around. There was plenty of room for our family of three and they provided us with more than enough towels and cookware. The cottage felt very safe and quiet. We loved our stay!!!